Russian Metal Artworks
Production of Russian jewelry entered the period of prime and rapid development in the middle of the 19th century. Russian gold and silver jewelry school was brought to light during the Great Exhibition of the Works of Industry of All Nations in London (sometimes referred to as the Crystal Palace Exhibition) in 1851, whereupon the works of Russian jewelry firms became the mandatory participants and prizewinners of world exhibitions.
The precious silverware was designed and manufactured by the leading jewelry firms, the Russian Imperial Court Suppliers (Carl Faberge, Bolin, the Grachev brothers, Pavel Ovchinnikov, Ivan Khlebnikov, AndreyPostnikov, Orest Kurlyukov, Alexander Lyubavin), and multiple jewelry workshops of Saint Petersburg, Moscow, Kiev, Odessa, and other cities.
The products of all above-mentioned artisans and workshops are presented in the museum Collection repository. The collection provides the complete idea of this artisanship development. All exhibits are characterized by original design and brilliant jewelry work.
The 14th Moscow jewellers artel
Vase for jam or honey on the tray, with spoon and detachable lid
Matchbox with integrated ashtray
Caviar serving bowl on the tray with detachable lid
Tea caddy with images of masks, deatachable lid and stopper
A.Kuzmichev bronze and silverware factory
Horn-shaped wine vessel with detachable lid
Grachev brothers factory
A. Lyubavin firm