Russian Metal Artworks
Production of Russian jewellery entered the period of prime and rapid development in the middle of the 19th century. Russian gold and silver jewellery school was brought to light during the First World Art and Industrial Exhibition in London in 1851, whereupon works of Russian jewellery firms became the mandatory participants and prize-winners of world exhibitions. Beginning from the second half of the 19th century, the landmark of Russian silver artisanship was skilfully made tableware; siver framed crystal and glass pieces got everlasting popularity and became fashionable.
The precious silverware was designed and manufactured by the leading jewellery firms, purveyors of the Russian Imperial Court (Carl Faberge, Bolin, the Grachev brothers, Ovchinnikov, Khlebnikov, Postnikov, Kurlyukov, Lyubavin), and multiple jeweller associations of Saint-Petersburg, Moscow, Kiev, Odessa, and other cities.
The production of nearly all above-mentioned artists and associations are presented in the Museum Collection. The collection gives full idea of the scale and level of development of this type of craftsmenship. All exhibits are characterised by original design and brilliant jewellery work.
Electric desktop bell
Electric desktop bell "Owl"
Fabergé firm, Rappoport workshop
Bolin firm, K. Lincke workshop
late 19th century
Desktop pad top cover addressed to E.L.Vartapetov
Egor Cheryatov gold and silverware factory, Fedor Lorie firm
Set of knives on the stand
Gustav Klingert gold and silverware factory
Carnet de bal with a pencil
Fabergé firm, Anders Nevalainen gold and silverware workshop
Horse head-shaped signet
Samuel Arnd workshop
the 3d quarter of the 19th century
late 19th - early 20th centuries
Casket with the presentation desk, handed over to Allan Bo by the Moscow factory of C. Faberge Trading House employees