Museum "Collection" - a partner of the international festival "Spasskaya Tower"
Spasskaya Tower is a music fiesta, a spectacular show, staged on the background of the Kremlin monumental walls, and a great ‘battlefield’ of the bands from different countries fighting for the love and admiration of the audience. The harmonious combination of military, classical, folk and popular music, military band parades and dance shows, laser and pyrotechnical effects makes the Festival one of the brightest and most memorable events of the year. This year the Spasskaya Tower festival will take place on Red Square from August 27 to September 5.
At Spasskaya Tower festival, everyone can find something to their liking: some people like clear, well-adjusted movements of military men, while others enjoy live orchestral music or cultural exchange with people of different nations. Children are also welcome: for them the Festival has prepared a number of master classes and equestrian performance. The audiences will also enjoy a lighting show projected on the St. Basil’s Cathedral walls; each night the event will close with majestic fireworks.
Museum "Collection", which has been a partner of this event for many years, congratulates the Organizing Committee of the festival on the opening.
More information about the program of events is on the website of the Festival.
Interesting facts about the Military Music Festival "SPASSKAYA TOWER"
• The first Festival took place in 2007.
• The name "Spasskaya Tower" was given to the Festival in 2009.
• Since 2013, the motto of the Festival is “Reviving traditions, preserving history”.
• Participants of the Festival - the best Russian and foreign orchestral, dancing and equestrian groups, the heads of state guards of honor.
• Over the 12 years of its existence, more than 160 creative collectives from 54 various countries have become participants of the Festival.
• The main theme will be expressed in the performances of the star vocalists. On different days, star vocalists - Anita Tsoy, Tamara Gverdtsiteli, Hibla Gerzmava, Mireille Mathieu, as well as the famous jazzman Igor Butman will perform with the Central Military Orchestra of the Russian Ministry of Defense.
• Since May 2010, the Festival is a member of the International Association of Tattoo Organizers (IATO).
• Members of the IATO include the Edinburgh Military Festival, the Berlin Military Music Festival, the Nova Scotia International Military Festival, the Netherlands Military Festival and others.
• Since December 2019, the Festival is a part of the Asian Marching Band Confederation.
• The leaders of the Edinburgh, Bremen, Basel, Dutch, Norwegian and other festivals were the guests of the Spasskaya Tower Festival.
• As on the 2019th, the Spasskaya Tower Festival is one of the three major Military Tattoo in the world. The Russian festival received high marks both for its creative component and for the level of organization.