Ruth, A., & Sohn
Wood, metal, paper, leather, fabric (silk), glass; carving, painting, lathe
360 x 120 x 250 cm, 1050 kg
Inscriptions on façade: "Waldkirchi. B.; A.Ruth&Sohn"
Wooden case, richly decorated with onlay carving in the form of rosettes, laurel wreaths, festoons, and a torch. The facade is painted in a soft light cream colour, with decorative top, on four legs and framed along the perimeter with red and yellow light bulbs. The central protruding part of the facade is conventionally divided into three sections, covered with red silk cloth from inside, and complemented by four columns, an arch window, framed with round yellow bulbs in the center. A girl in green flowing draperies with a bell and a stick in her hands is standing on a protrusion in the center. A row of seventeen white wooden pipes as well as a metallophone with seventeen plates and hammers is behind the girl. Two small boys sitting on protrusions adorn facade sides: a boy on the left side is clanging a bell, the other one, on the right side, is beating two drums on his both sides. The sides of the façade upper part are decorated with flower vases. Two winged lions in the middle are holding in their paws ornately shaped onlay with an image of a lady lying on the ottoman and surrounded by a drum, paper perforated rolls, harp and violin clef, with the signature "S. Blome/1990".
When the music is playing, the lady clangs the bell; the boys beat the drums and clang the bell. Music movement consists of a row of wooden pipes, two drums: a large one on the left with a cymbal, a small one with two hammers is on the right. A wheel connected to electric motor and used to inject air into the bellows is on the rear side. Music media: paper music roll.