Russian Empire, Saint-Petersburg
N. Bobir commercial and industrial workshop
Silver, crystal; faceting, casting, engraving
4.0 x 17.8 x 12.5 cm
Firm mark: “НБ”; alloy “84”; certification mark of Saint-Petersburg district assay office in 1908-1917
Crystal ladle with the welt silver rim and ornately shaped low profile handle. The ladle round bowl is decorated with carved facet and multi-beam rosette on the bottom. The handle surface is decorated with big foliage curls in the Neo-Russian style. The Cyrillic inscription “RIVER YACHT-CLUB” is carved on the rim smooth surface, decorated with three cabochon-cut chrysoprases’ inserts.