The outstanding Soviet sculptor. Laureate of the State Prize of the Ukrainian SSR named after Taras Shevchenko was awarded with the Order of the Red Banner of Labour for his contribution to the national culture. In 1972, as part of the creative team, he built the monument “From Ukraine to the Liberators” in the Luhansk region. He worked on the monument to the heroes of the Krasnodon Young Guard “The Oath”.
Mukhin was born in September 1914, in the Ukrainian town Horlovka. After finishing the school, due to his early manifested artistic talent, he entered the Kiev Art Institute on the first try and graduated from it with honours in 1938. Before World War II, Mukhin moved to Voroshilovgrad, where he began teaching at the Lugansk Art College, raising a group of talented students. Gifted sculptor headed the regional Union of Artists and was actively engaged in creative activities. In 1946, he was admitted into the National Union of Artists of Ukraine since 1946.When the World War II was finished, Mukhin joined the group of sculptors who elaborated the emblematic cult-favourite monument of the Luhansk region – the memorial to the Soviet resistance organisation “The Young Guard”. In the 1950-1960s, the sculptor participated in the creation of monuments dedicated to the heroes of the War, collaborating with the leading masters of Soviet Monumental art. According to the projects of Mukhin, the memorial complex in Lugansk “The Sharp Grave” and the monument “The Banner Never Deceases” were erected. The sculptural bust of the Hero of the Soviet Union Ulyana Gromova, the monuments to the Donbass toilers and grain growers were among the sculptor’s creative works. Mukhin participated in various republican, the all-Union and international exhibitions.
He continued working until the end of his life, was buried in Lugansk.