Early 20th century
Silver; enamel over filigree, filigree, chasing, gilding
2.0 х 9.0 х 6.3 cm
Round stoup on four ball-shaped feet, with the flat figured handle, in the manner of the Russian painted enamels of the late 17th century. The stoup inner and external surfaces are decorated with the picture of filigree curves with stylised enamel flowers at the ends, located in reflective symmetry, against the chased background. The stoup bottom, framed with the row of colored enamel filigree rings and filigree braid, is decorated with a six-petal enamel over filigree flower rosette on green background. The multi-coloured enamel girdle of geometric ornament (the so-called scallops») accentuates the crown, both inside and outside. Golden stars complete the enamel. The handle, framed by filigree braid, features stylised palmetto against white enamel background. Ball-shaped feet are ornated with filigree. The bottom reverse side has semi-effaced legend: "Work by P.A. Ovchinnikov's factory".
The enamel colour scheme is built of the combination of red-brown, white, black, blue and green tints.
The stoup was executed by the son of P.A. Ovchinnikov - Pavel Pavlovich, who studied at the Moscow Imperial Stroganov School and headed the father's business together with his brothers after the father's death in 1888.